I have been SO BUSY doing poetic things this month, I have forgotten to let you guys know what *I* am doing
- Going to a poetry slam later this week, not sure what I will read yet. (I’ll let you know how it goes)
- I have been posting a poetry prompt EVERY DAY over at Poetry Pasta (www.poetrypasta.wordpress.com)
- An unexpected call from a friend and poet, Ed 🙂 Got a book of his poetry from years ago. Gave him a copy of …details…
- Discovered a poet, Scott Thomas Outlar on Youtube 🙂
- Participating in the 30 for 30 contest (by Mike Maggio)
This is the first year I have not ordered a National Poetry month in time for April, so I just did. If it’s still available, it says it will take 4-6 weeks to get here.
A CHALLENGE TO MYSELF:
Write 1 poem or haiku every day in April based on poetry prompts you guys send me 🙂
Today’s prompt is to write a poem and to include the words “be kind” in your poem.
These are Kurt Vonnegut’s words, from his 1965 novel, God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater, or Pearls Before Swine
I used this song as the dance with my Dad at my wedding 🙂
Poetry Prompt: Write a poem about your first kiss
It really is snowing this morning! 😛
Poetry Prompt: Go through an older poetry notebook and REVISE a past poem that you think needs a change
I’ve done this one A LOT 🙂
FOR ALL my readers, writers, lurkers I have a question: do you think the poetry prompts I post are too general? I got ONE COMMENT that they were. Is there anything you would like to see on Words of TheVal2000?
(I want to be this good!)
Roller skating poetry prompt #21
by Valeri Beers
Look at me
I don’t want
here to there.
Earth poetry prompt #22 (rough draft)
car race poetry prompt #18
Start to finish
Poetry Prompt: Write a poem about a dream you’ve had
Here’s a rough draft of a dream poem I wrote:
by Valeri Beers
spinning & kissing
hood of car
It’s Earth Day 🙂
Poetry Prompt: Write a poem about the Earth as if it were a real person in your life 🙂 And not necessarily your “Mother” 😉
This is the year I learn to skate!
My girl is a much better skater than me 😉
Poetry Prompt: Write a poem about rollerskating